December 11th Update to HiPC 2021 Main Conference Authors
After review of submissions to the conference by the HiPC 2021 Program Committee, a total of 51 papers were accepted for publication: 36 FULL papers and 15 SHORT papers. They will be presented in the conference program to be held on December 17th and December 18th.
1) To Authors of Full Papers
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING AND SUBMITTING 4 MINUTE VIDEO PRESENTATIONS:
- As instructed previously, authors of FULL papers will be presenting their work in eight technical sessions to be held virtually on December 17th and 18th.
- See the Technical Program here for which session where you will be presenting and see the Program at a Glance here to see when your presentation is scheduled.
- In each session, the paper will be presented briefly in a four (4) minute video, after which the authors will participate in a live Q&A session.
- Authors of FULL papers will be contacted today (Dec 11th) with instructions to prepare and how to submit the four (4)-minute video.
- Once your 4 minute video is received and closer to the opening of the conference, the presenting author will receive instructions for participating on the live virtual platform.
2) To All Main Conference Authors – Full and Short Papers
- PRESENTATION SLIDES PDF FILE: Authors for all 51 papers have uploaded the presentation slides pdf file to CPS, and they will be part of the proceedings distributed to conference registrants.
- LONG VIDEOS: Authors of FULL and SHORT papers had the option to upload a 25 min (full paper) or 15 min (short paper) video to an FTP website hosted by CPS by December 10th These videos will be available to all registrants for viewing asynchronously. The instructions remain in place below, and we will support uploads until December 15th per the email instructions you received previously.
OPTIONAL: Instructions for Preparation of Video Presentation
The deadline for uploading video files to the CPS FTP server is
December 6th December 10th.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE BEFORE YOU PREPARE YOUR FILE:
The FTP server for CPS will only recognize files saved as .mp4 using the H.264 encoding.
These talks – 25min (full paper) or 15min (short paper) video – will be available to all registrants for asynchronous viewing.
Authors will receive email with full instructions for upload before November 29th.
Please note: The video does not replace your participation in the live paper session where your paper is scheduled.
RECORDING YOUR FILE
Many applications can be used to record video, but Zoom offers a simple solution that provides solid results. The settings described in the pdf file and video of instructions below are specific to Zoom, although the basic guidance should work for any app you choose.
The FTP server will only recognize files saved as .mp4 using the H.264 encoding.
REQUIRED: Instructions to Upload Presentation Slides as a pdf file to CPS
The deadline for uploading presentation slides PDF files to CPS paper site is November 29th.
- See Guidelines below for preparing your slides.
- The file of presentation slides should be saved as a pdf and the name should start with hipc2021_presentation and include last name of first author and a version number or date. Example: hipc2021_presentation_Jones_23nov.pdf
- The presentation slides pdf file should be uploaded at the same site as the paper under the Supplemental Material heading. See the CPS Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions for HiPC Conference AUTHORS link below. This is where you uploaded your paper for publication.
CPS Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions for HiPC Conference AUTHORS
EduHiPC Authors Please go to – CPS Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions for HiPC Workshop AUTHORS
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING SLIDES PRESENTATION FILE
- The slides should serve to introduce the work and provide a high-level overview in 10-15 slides. In that sense, they are expected to be different from the set of slides used in a live presentation.
- Those viewing the slides will have immediate access to the paper, the “next best thing” to having the author presenting in person.
- The first slide should include title, authors, and reference to HiPC 2021. The final page should include authors’ contact information for follow-up questions.