1. What is the workshop proposal submission deadline?
- March 31, 2019
2. What workshop topics are of interest?
Complementing the main technical program, HiPC workshops serve to broaden the technical scope of the conference in emerging areas of high performance computing and communication, and their applications. The HiPC workshops serve as an extended forum to present and discuss work-in-progress as well as mature research among researchers from around the world, and also highlight research activities in India.
3. Where should one submit a workshop proposal?
4. How long can a HiPC workshop be?
Workshops should be proposed for half-day (three hours) unless the organizers have reason to believe they can develop a full day program, in which case, they should explain why they believe they can attract sufficient participation to present a full day program of peer reviewed papers.
5. How many presentations may a workshop include and what are the guidelines?
- Half-day proposals may include three to four presenters.
- One of the authors of each workshop paper (preferably the presenting author) should REGISTER before submitting the CAMERA READY version of their paper.
This should be clearly noted in the workshop CFP.
This is to avoid the ‘no-shows’ of speakers during the workshop.
- For any queries, please contact the workshops co-chairs.
6. Will network access be available when the workshop is presented?
Workshop submissions must clearly indicate if “hands on” exercises are essential for their session. Generally, the entire conference area will have open access Wi-Fi. However, if the presenters need dedicated high bandwidth connection, they should contact the workshop organisers in advance.
7. Do workshop presenters receive complimentary conference registration?
- HiPC trust has a policy to provide ONE COMPLIMENTARY registration (for keynote / invited speaker only) per workshop.
8. What about the requirement to obtain a VISA
If any of the speakers need India travel visa please let the HiPC committee know well in advance (preferably by September 30). Further details will be posted on the HiPC Website.
9. Workshop paper review process
- The Program Committee for the individual workshop should be formed and published online by May 15.
- All of the papers must be peer-reviewed by at least 2 reviewers.
- Individual workshop chairs have full freedom to choose a review management system. It is recommended that they should use one.
- Authors of the papers submitted to the main conference will have an option to submit their rejected papers to the workshop. Thus, a mechanism to forward rejected (marginally rejected) papers from the main conference to the workshop is in place.
For more details please contact the workshops co-chairs.
10. What is the time slot and schedule for the workshop(s)?
- The workshop(s) should be organized for morning or afternoon slots of 4 hours with a 30 minute refreshment break between sessions, usually starting at 8:30 AM and ending at 6:30 PM with an hour long lunch between slots. The workshop organizers should let the HiPC organizing committee know about their preferences by mid October. This will give both sides (as well as the speakers) enough time to arrange the logistics and decide the flow of the event.
- HiPC encourages the individual workshop organizers to finalize their program schedule well in advance and publish online by the middle of November. In any case, if the workshop’s organizers need an invited speaker to be arranged, HiPC organizers can better coordinate availability of speakers if the program schedule is known in advance. Please coordinate with the workshops co-chairs for more details.
11. What kind of help is available to address the publicity issue for the workshops?
- HiPC organizers will assist workshops in setting up their webpage in a common format to be accessed directly from the HiPC website.
- We encourage all the workshops organizers to use the primary link as the landing page of their individual webpage (contents created and maintained by individual workshop organizers).
- Please feel free to reach out to the HiPC publicity team if you need assistance
12. Workshop Proceedings
The papers accepted for presentation in HiPC 2019 workshops will be included in the workshops volume of the proceedings of the conference, which will be distributed online in two volumes with a separate ISBN for the workshops (HiPCW 2019). Post conference, papers presented at the conference and eligible for inclusion will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.