Who Should Register?
You must register online for the conference if:
You are interested in attending any/all sessions including workshops and tutorials at the conference
You wish to view the industry exhibits that are part of the conference
You have to man any of the exhibit booths at the conference
You are a speaker for any of the conference events
You are a student who received any sponsored/travel scholarship
Your paper has been accepted at our conference and you will be presenting it
You have received a complimentary/discount code (through one of our sponsors or otherwise) and will be attending the conference
How to Register?
Click on Register
If you have already registered with us for HiPC 2016, please use your username and password to login to your account.
If you are a new user, click on “Create new account” link to get started.
If you have already created an account, login using your credentials.
After login, select whether you are registering as participant from India or participant from outside India.
1. What is the registration fee for the conference?
See the Registration Fees section under the REGISTRATION web category at http://hipc.org/registration-fees/.
2. What does the registration fee include?
The conference registration fee includes:
• Attendance at ALL conference events, including workshops, tutorials, any special technical and industry events, industry exhibition, and the full technical program.
• An electronic version of the HiPC 2017 proceedings for both the main conference and workshops that will include papers to be presented at the conference and eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
• Access to the conference mobile app.
• Breakfast, lunch and refreshments on all four days plus the conference banquet (if scheduled).
3. Is there a way to register to attend few hours or one day of the conference?
No, we do not have hourly or daily registration rates at our conference.
4. Multiple people from my organization are participating in the conference and our organization is paying our cumulative registration fee by a single check. Do I still need to register for the conference?
Yes, each person needs to individually register for the conference. During registration, choose the payment option as Check/DD.
5. When I registered, I selected the Check/DD payment option, but my organization failed to send the payment to the finance chairs. Will I be allowed to attend the conference?
You will be asked to arrange payment on site, so be prepared to present payment. You may also go to your record of registration online and arrange payment by credit card.
Registraion – General Queries
Paper Accepted/Presenting a paper at the conference
1. I have co-authored multiple papers in the conference and/or in the workshops. While registering I had the option of registering for only 1 paper. Will my registration count for all the papers at the conference or do I need to register more than once? The conference does not have a charge for an author having more than one paper for the conference.
2. I have co-authored multiple papers in the conference and/or in the workshops. While registering I had the option of registering for only 1 paper. Will my registration count for my co-author(s) as well? No. Every participant who wishes to attend the conference has to register for the conference individually.
Author Registration Deadline
1. What is the significance of the Author registration deadline? If your paper has been accepted at our conference, at least one of authors of the paper should register before this date to ensure that the camera ready paper submitted will be included in the proceedings distributed at the conference and eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
2. What is the Author registration deadline for HiPC 2017? October 31, 2017.
3. What happens if none of the authors have registered before the author registration deadline? The submitted camera ready paper will not be included in the proceedings distributed at the conference.
Early Bird/Advance Registration Deadline
1. What is the early bird/advance registration deadline for HiPC 2017? November 21, 2017
2. Is there any advantage to registering early? Yes, the fees are lower.
3. What happens if I register after the early bird/advanced registration deadline? Regular conference fees apply.
4. Is it possible to register at the advanced rate after the early bird/advanced registration deadline? No.
Registration Cancellation Deadline
1. I have registered for the conference but I will not be able to attend the conference. Can I cancel my registration without forfeiting my registration fee? Yes. Written requests for cancellation or refunds must be received on or before December 1, 2017.
2. Where do I send my written cancellation request? Please address your cancellation request all of the following addresses: email@example.com + firstname.lastname@example.org + email@example.com
3. Will I get a full refund on cancelling my registration? Refunds are subject to a $10 (Rs. 600) processing fee.
Invited Speaker at HiPC
1. I am invited as a speaker at the conference. Do I need to register for the conference? Yes.
2. If I am invited as a speaker for the technical program of the conference, is my registration complimentary? If you are eligible for a complimentary registration, you will be contacted by conference organizers with instructions for registering using a discount code. (Note: If you are also the author of a paper that will be presented at the conference and part of the proceedings, you may not use a complimentary registration in place of an author paid full registration.)
3. If you have been invited by a Sponsoring company of HiPC 2017 to participate and believe you are eligible for a complimentary registration, how should you proceed? If the Sponsor company has not contacted you to provide the discount code, you will need to check with the Sponsor representative who invited you. They will need to supply the discount code. When you receive the code, please register online using that code.
You may register online at any time before and during the conference. If you have not registered and arrive onsite, you will be asked to register online in order to receive your badge and registration materials.
What if my question is not included in this FAQ?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. For general questions about the conference, please email email@example.com.